Saturday 7 January 2017

Kohli reveals Dhoni's saviour act

Kohli reveals Dhoni's saviour act

not just a leader,Maheandra singh Dhoni was also a saviour for his successor Virat Kohli who reveald that talismantic former skipper prevented his outster from Indian team many times.
Kohli has played his entire international career under the captaincy of MsDhoni since his ODI debut in Srilanka back in 2008.
In his initial days Kohli didn't show consistency and his place wasn't secure but Dhoni had immense faith in his talent and abilities.
                                                         "he will always be the person ,who guided me initially and gave me opportunities.he gave me ample time and space to grow as a cricketer,saved me from getting dropped from the team many times".
                           Indias No.1 batsman made it clear that replacing Dhoni as a captain is a big task.
"Obviously,these are massive shoes to fill.you think of MsDhoni and the first word comes in my mind was captain!,"said Kohli.
                                                     on wednesday Dhoni relinquished captaincy in limited overs format and the senior selection committiee officially handed over the baton to Kohli, who was leading the side in the longest format.
                                                    Kohli's new assignment starts with the six-match series limited overs series against England starting in pune on January 15.
                                                    "I didn't realise myself when this transition happend,from the starting of a player just wanting to play for india and now responsibility to be captain in all three formats",he said."for every child it is a dream for palying for his country and this is the biggest day of my life".
Kohli said he would countinue to seek Dhoni's help in forming team strategies."Obviously on the field I would be running to him alot.I would want him to totally enjoy his cricket now.The team would be in a very solid place if MS Dhoni enjoys his cricket.
Kohli also said that he belives in leading by example."Added responsibility has always worked for me in the sence that you have no room to be complacent or relax at any stage.even in IPL it is very easy to throw my wicket away after crossing 60 or 70 runs.but i push after that because that i realize that i have to set an example and have firstly make that kind of effort before asking my teammates to do that".

No comments:

Post a Comment